Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Buy the book, do the labs, and practice.

 

Nothing personal, but training is only as good as the learner. If you don't learn real quick then you will get left behind.

 

Save the money for the cost of the exams.

Posted

IMHO the guy that invented boot camps needs shooting. They are just a way of teaching you how to pass the exam. This devalues the qualification.

 

They do not necessarily mean you actually know the products. Better to get the knowledge and experience of a full course with real people and real life experiences than try to cram it all in.

 

I'd rather have someone who has sat the full course - even if they have not taken the exam than someone with a paper MCSE from one of these places.

Posted
But would you class 50 days as a boot camp for MCSE?

Actually... no I wouldnt - as long as it did not run consecutively. You need some time to digest what you take in.

 

Best I can tell though - if you were to take the longest route to MCSE it would still only be 37 days in the classroom - so it's not bad.

 

I guess I saw the word boot camp and saw red. :oops:

Posted
I did the course 4 years ago for the discipline of sitting down and learning. Left to my own devices Im not to reliable for studying :p I have done one exam just from reading the book though :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...