Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone ever experienced problems with copy and pasting from the internet into the office suites.

 

I have read various threads on forums but none have answered my question so far.

 

I have tried:

 

Uninstalling/reinstalling

Ensuring all security settings are correct.

Running updates

Server restart

 

 

This is quite frustrating as i can C&P into other products like photoshop etc just not office.

 

Strange one please help.

Posted
What exactly does it do? I had an issue yesterday where pasting into office wasn't working properly - it appeared to just insert a blank line, but if you clicked show changes (on the standard toolbar), it showed up all the pasted text :-| Didn't find a fix for it as they were leaving though
Posted

When the user goes to google images for example they right click and select copy from the context menu.

 

When they open word or powerpoint for example they right click again and select paste. Absolutely nothing happens whatsoever.

 

If i go to photoshop then i can paste into there no issue.

Posted

Office applications seem to connect to the internet to ?verify/?retrieve the content you are pasting. I can find absolutely no information about this process in technet, I think it is feature that was added with Office XP.

 

I'm sure you've probably already considered the following, but just in case a third pair of eyes can suggest something new to look at:

 

Does any text appear in the status bar of the applications when you paste?

Do you have any Internet Explorer toolbars or other plugins installed?

Are you behind a proxy server of some kind?

Have you tried using an alternative web browser?

Is the content there in the office clipboard?

Sometimes IE/office updates seem to be a cause of this - what happens with a clean machine (windows + office + No Updates)?

 

P.

Posted

I have tried different web browsers, tried without any updates being applied and then again with the updates.

We are behind and isa server but so are all my fat clients with no issues. The issue definatley lies on the TS. I am just running some additional tests now to try and resolve this one.

Thanks

Posted
I have now found that if I search an image nd right click and select copy the preview is unavailable in the office clipboard however if I open a maximised preview of the image and then right click and copy it works. Tried this in my fat client and it works both ways suggesting it's defo abnissue in my ts environment. Any help would be great.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...