mattx Posted October 1, 2010 Posted October 1, 2010 FYI - if anyone uses Xmarks: Xmarks Blog » End of the Road for Xmarks
mattx Posted October 1, 2010 Author Posted October 1, 2010 I have pledged. I love xmarks. Me to. I hope they manage to get through this.
Andrew_C Posted October 1, 2010 Posted October 1, 2010 I've not had time to read the whole article, but FF4 does have similar functionality built in.
Andrew_C Posted October 1, 2010 Posted October 1, 2010 Shows how much attention I've be paying; does (did) xmarks have cross platform capability?
browolf Posted October 1, 2010 Posted October 1, 2010 Shows how much attention I've be paying; does (did) xmarks have cross platform capability? it does/did. I was /cry when I saw that the other day, but setting up the FF alternative (which I didn't even know was there) , it pretty much does the same thing.
sidewinder Posted October 1, 2010 Posted October 1, 2010 I used to use xmarks but after a few weeks of working fine it always seems to break for me! Hopefully the FF one will be good
Andrew_C Posted October 1, 2010 Posted October 1, 2010 I may be indicative of why they failed. I used it all the time to sync work and two home FF install. I didn't know it was cross platform, nor did I know anything of the other things he refers to!
ranj Posted October 9, 2010 Posted October 9, 2010 I believe Xmarks will continue on. Its not signed and sealed yet but apparantly its not going anywhere now. If you look on the xmarks website there doesnt seem to be any sign of the press release that was on there saying they were going to bring it down. Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search Xmarks Blog » Xmarks Victory for the Users, by the Users 1
IanT Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 I use this service, have done since it was FoxMarks where they re-branded it XMarks, I got an email about them ending there service
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now