Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

If any of you out there have a Nexus One, you will find the Android 2.2.1 update ready to install this morning. Apparently it addresses some bug fixes. With Android 3.0 just around the corner I can't really see why they rolled this one out. Perhaps it was for other phones\developers who won't see 3.0 for some time yet.

Apparently it breaks the 1-click Androot method of rooting your handset, so I'll have to go and have a look at it :(

 

Yup, Univeral Androot is dead. Looks like I shall have to do it the long way!!

Posted
I got this at the end of last week. Only thing I noticed was that the apps I had moved to the SD card had disappeared - just had to re-install them from the market. All personal data was still there though :)
Posted

Also, be careful if you've used a gold card to remove operator branding and update your HTC phone (like I did on my T-Mobile Desire) as it bricks your WiFi. Apparently the fix is to either manually apply the update via USB, or wait for the next fix HTC are releasing to fix the WiFi

 

EDIT:

Actually, don't think that's anything to do with 2.2.1, it seems to be a HTC specific update. Sorry!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...