CHR1S Posted September 22, 2010 Posted September 22, 2010 Are you aware that L2ICT have a built in account that bypasses NetSupport's acknowledgement security to allow any issues to be rectified without the schools interaction? Apparently its written into your service agreement. Just a heads up!
Tricky_Dicky Posted September 22, 2010 Posted September 22, 2010 I always leave the servers locked from the admin or another account so they can't login. I like to know when people are going to be remotely messing on the system.
PeteW Posted October 26, 2010 Posted October 26, 2010 The account is only added when the school sign up to the Attix5 backup service and is a part of the Attix5 agreement with it being a managed service. Of course you can always talk to one of the Attix5 peeps if there are any concerns or do what Tricky_Dicky does If in doubt, NetSupport logs connections and details (Time, ip of connecting PC, Netsupport account, etc) in a log file under C:\program files\netsupport manager\
CHR1S Posted November 1, 2010 Author Posted November 1, 2010 Thanks Pete, I think a lot of people have no issues with it, but like me had no clue that it was being done.
Trapper Posted February 2, 2011 Posted February 2, 2011 I noticed this last week. Someone had connected via NetSupport without having to have authorisation, password protected the NetSupport config, logged my console session off and logged on with the Attix5 account. I've changed the Attix5 password and re-installed NetSupport and sure the flag for authorisation is checked. Like Tricky I like to know when someone is one the servers and for what purpose. Especially as our SLT have their work areas on there, it's a bit of a concern. I thought Link2ICT had to get permission from the remote site everytime they wanted remote access. It's always been the way at the schools I've had any involvement with.
PeteW Posted February 2, 2011 Posted February 2, 2011 When the school sign up for the backup service, part of the agreement (Signed by the head teacher) is that they can come on remote with out being accepted using the "rbackup" NSM account which is added at the time of the install. (all other accounts, helpline and administrator will still require acceptance) This is to manage the Attix5 service if the backups fail for some reason (Most of the time it is down to the service failing to start after a reboot) If you would prefer this not to be the case, then talk to Link2ICT who I am sure would contact a member of staff to advise they are coming on remote if required.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now