Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Morning,

 

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one, as Microsoft Licensing can be difficult as it is! ;)

 

Small Business Server 2003, Brought SQL Server Workgroup Edition purchased as an Integrated Module of SBS2003 As such licensing was bundled in the SBS purchase of up to 50 Users.

 

The problem is the SBS2003 Server is now becoming under load as the SQL Databases are now being used more plus 2 more databases have been added to the instance, what I am wondering is if I installed this on a Standalone box can I still transfer those licences over or/ would I have to purchased the SQL Licences again as I have kind of broken it away from the SBS Server.

 

I hope that makes sense.

 

Many Thanks,

 

James.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Sorry I just need some information clarifying

 

The SBS 2003 is that Std or premium as you said you brought SQL workgroup edition as an integrated module of SBS 2003.

 

If you can confirm if you have SBS 2002 Premium or if you have SBS 2003 Std and Also purchased SQL Workgroup Edition separately.

 

Shaun Dibble

MCP for Licensing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...