Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Someone may find this handy - a quick and dirty DU batch


Recommended Posts

Posted

Not sure if anyone else will find this handy but I wanted a quick way of knocking up a text type report of disk usage [ now we have a rather large SAN ] I want to keep a daily eye on who is doing what.

On my setup once the text file is generated [ I schedule it ] I get blat to mail me a copy so I can give it a once over in the morning.

 

You will need DU:

 

Disk Usage v1.31

 

And my quick and dirty batch file is as follows:

 

echo %date%>>"h:\disk usage\staff.txt"
du -l 1 h:\users\staff>>"h:\disk usage\staff.txt"

 

Will give you:

 

17/09/2010

0 h:\users\staff\#####

298,033 h:\users\staff\#####

553 h:\users\staff\#####

2,130,039 h:\users\staff\#####

2,576,492 h:\users\staff\####

3,371,659 h:\users\staff\#####

2,143 h:\users\staff\#####

 

You get the picture [ #### = I've hashed out names ]

 

Obviously change the batch commands to your requirements !! Like I said, some may find this handy...

 

When run again the text file will append with the date stamp.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...