jamesfed Posted September 16, 2010 Posted September 16, 2010 Hi all, We are using Windows 7 on our staff notebooks (upgraded from XP) and are loving every minute of it. However now that offline files sync on shutdown is gone as a standard feature (I'm aware that there’s a VBS script that can do it but are hoping not to come to that) I was wondering if anyone knew how to deploy settings to configure offline files. Specifically I'm looking for something that will configure the attached screen shot. If any one has any clues I'd be most grateful. Thanks!
jsnetman Posted September 16, 2010 Posted September 16, 2010 You can do it through group policy in computer or user, its in network then offline files. Having said that just looked at the policy and I'm not sure it applies to win 7.
jamesfed Posted September 16, 2010 Author Posted September 16, 2010 You can do it through group policy in computer or user, its in network then offline files. Having said that just looked at the policy and I'm not sure it applies to win 7. Already had a browse through there and haven't found anything relating to the attached screen shot
inspiron12 Posted September 21, 2010 Posted September 21, 2010 There are group policy settings for logon/logoff sync..not sure if it works for win7 client..you need to check that.. these are named "Synchronize all files when logging on" and "Synchrnoze all files when logging off" Check Offline files log off sync GP
Ric_ Posted September 21, 2010 Posted September 21, 2010 I have found that the synchronisation in Windows 7 works pretty well with the default settings. However, it seems to work best if you force a full synchronisation at first login (Windows + x followed by clicking sync).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now