Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Cant fint the 32bit os disk, so I am rebuilding it from scratch with 64bit functionality. Network is down, its going to be a fun day.

 

Perhaps even nod32 will now work correctly? Who knows?

Posted
I have back ups. The server should have been 64bit anyway and it had a few issues with previous versions of the software. The difference in a restore or rebuild is probably no more than an hour or two.
Posted

Its all about virtulization these days when it comes to disasters like this.

 

Make it a virtual server, backup the image. Job done, never have a failure for more than 10mins again.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
I have back ups. The server should have been 64bit anyway and it had a few issues with previous versions of the software. The difference in a restore or rebuild is probably no more than an hour or two.

 

Phew thats ok then - was under the impression the server was doing a little more than just a few hours work.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Phew thats ok then - was under the impression the server was doing a little more than just a few hours work.

 

I have to get AD onto it then DHCP desktops and start menus. Then the network will work. Then its adding wus nod32 and the Intranet. I will be taking an image of the server when its complete. virtulization would be the way forward, possibly when I have time but more likely when I upgrade the servers again in 3 years time.

Posted
Which x64 OS? 2008R2 has very good image based (with bare metal recovery) backup built in. Useful when you don't need a full backup regime, but spent a while getting a server built. 2008 non R2 is ok, but no bare metal restore iirc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...