jamin100 Posted September 13, 2010 Posted September 13, 2010 (edited) Hi guys, need a bit of help here. I'm trying to encrypt some USB drives using truecrypt in traveller mode. I encrypt the drive and copy the traveller mode file fine and on a non domain PC everything works as it should. The problem now is that it wont work on my domain machines because i have autorun disabled and would like to keep it that way. What i'd like to do is have a vbscript or anything really that I can place on the desktop (or shortcut to) that performs the same action as the original autorun.inf file on the USB drive.. Here's what the autorun.inf is doing.. [autorun] label=TrueCrypt Traveler Disk icon=TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe action=Mount TrueCrypt volume open=TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe /q background /lY /e /m rm /v "SECURE" shell\start=Start TrueCrypt Background Task shell\start\command=TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe shell\dismount=Dismount all TrueCrypt volumes shell\dismount\command=TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe /q /d Any ideas how to get that to work?? Edited September 13, 2010 by jamin100
LosOjos Posted September 13, 2010 Posted September 13, 2010 Personally, I create a .bat file on the USB stick with the following in it: TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe /q background /e /m rm /v "TC" and tell users to run that when they insert their USB stick 1
LosOjos Posted September 13, 2010 Posted September 13, 2010 I probably should have said (if you haven't already figured it out) that you need to substitute "TC" with the file name of your True Crypt container
ajs Posted September 13, 2010 Posted September 13, 2010 Personally, I create a .bat file on the USB stick with the following in it: TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe /q background /e /m rm /v "TC" and tell users to run that when they insert their USB stick Have you had any issues running that from a non-admin account? The Truecrypt website says you need admin rights for traveller mode to work properly, which is one thing that's keeping me using the U3 password mechanism for some of my sticks.
LosOjos Posted September 13, 2010 Posted September 13, 2010 Have you had any issues running that from a non-admin account? The Truecrypt website says you need admin rights for traveller mode to work properly, which is one thing that's keeping me using the U3 password mechanism for some of my sticks. Can't say I've tried it on a non-admin to be honest, sorry!
ajs Posted September 13, 2010 Posted September 13, 2010 Looks like I'll have to actually put some effort in and test it myself then :-)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now