sidewinder Posted September 10, 2010 Posted September 10, 2010 My PST is a bit screwed for various reasons so I just want to start from scratch and setup my email again on Outlook. If I move the PST, Outlook as predicted, complains that it cant find it and asks me to point to it. But how do I clear everything completely? So it will run the wizard as if I've never used it before? It used to be simple with XP and 2003/7 I've deleted the outlook folder from both roaming and local appdata folders on my profile, and still it keeps the settings! I cant find any more references to Outlook in my profile at all, where are they? This list doesnt seem to show the file I'm after (whatever its called) Outlook 2010 Backup and File Locations Edit: we dont use exchange, its just a simple POP3 connection and local PST's
leco Posted September 10, 2010 Posted September 10, 2010 This is the path if you are using Win 7 OS (I think it's the same path for Outlook2010) : C:\users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook There is also an Outlook folder in AppData\Roaming but that doesn't hold .pst However before looking there I would recommend trying to uninstall Outlook (sorry you might have already done that) I'll look at a 2010 installation this aft and get back to you if it's any different from the above.
Dos_Box Posted September 10, 2010 Posted September 10, 2010 Rather handily try, My Documents - Outlook Files.
teky Posted September 10, 2010 Posted September 10, 2010 Have a look at the mail options in control pannel, you should be able to delete the profile in there which should then wipe outlook clean 1
leco Posted September 10, 2010 Posted September 10, 2010 Have a look at the mail options in control panel, you should be able to delete the profile in there which should then wipe outlook clean Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that one.
sidewinder Posted September 10, 2010 Author Posted September 10, 2010 Thanks teky, it didnt sort it completely but I have now got it functioning. Still weird that I couldnt go back to 'first run' sort of settings but it doesnt hugely matter Dos_box - Only PST files stored in there. For me at least leco - I deleted both of those, thats whats weird, because nothing seemed to change
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now