Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

I give up...where does Outlook 2010 hide its account settings files?


Recommended Posts

Posted

My PST is a bit screwed for various reasons so I just want to start from scratch and setup my email again on Outlook.

 

If I move the PST, Outlook as predicted, complains that it cant find it and asks me to point to it.

 

But how do I clear everything completely? So it will run the wizard as if I've never used it before? It used to be simple with XP and 2003/7

 

I've deleted the outlook folder from both roaming and local appdata folders on my profile, and still it keeps the settings! I cant find any more references to Outlook in my profile at all, where are they?

 

This list doesnt seem to show the file I'm after (whatever its called)

Outlook 2010 Backup and File Locations

 

Edit: we dont use exchange, its just a simple POP3 connection and local PST's

Posted

This is the path if you are using Win 7 OS (I think it's the same path for Outlook2010) :

C:\users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

There is also an Outlook folder in AppData\Roaming but that doesn't hold .pst

However before looking there I would recommend trying to uninstall Outlook (sorry you might have already done that)

 

I'll look at a 2010 installation this aft and get back to you if it's any different from the above.

Posted
Have a look at the mail options in control pannel, you should be able to delete the profile in there which should then wipe outlook clean
  • Thanks 1
Posted
Have a look at the mail options in control panel, you should be able to delete the profile in there which should then wipe outlook clean

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that one.

Posted

Thanks teky, it didnt sort it completely but I have now got it functioning. Still weird that I couldnt go back to 'first run' sort of settings but it doesnt hugely matter

 

Dos_box - Only PST files stored in there. For me at least

 

leco - I deleted both of those, thats whats weird, because nothing seemed to change

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...