Face-Man Posted September 9, 2010 Posted September 9, 2010 I've had a request to move a website from one learning platform to another. The owner of the site has agreed but no longer has access to the source material or login to the site. Does anybody know of a tool that can grab the sites content (loads of pages with hundreds of links) on to my hard drive to be updated and then uploaded ?
sonofsanta Posted September 9, 2010 Posted September 9, 2010 Top result there - HTTrack - does the job, after a bit of setting up. Just take care with your settings for following links, otherwise it will go off onto other sites and start downloading them as well... which takes hours.
Hightower Posted September 9, 2010 Posted September 9, 2010 Sorry to whoever gave me negative rep for my link above. I do apologise for it being "just annoying", and hope that I haven't offended you in such a way that you'll track me down and take a butchers knife to my goolies. However, if the link riles you up that much (which I can completely understand why it would), please take the left gooly as it doesn't function as well as it's partner. Many thanks 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now