Svarcy Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 Hi everyone, what network providers have rolled out the Froyo 2.2 update for Android phones, am I right in thinking its only Orange that havn't put it out there yet? Also, looking at tariffs for the HTC Desire, Orange offer an Unlimited Web & Email and T Mobile an Unlimited Web. I presume I could never read my mail on my phone if I went for the T Mobile option without extra charges? As Froyo 2.2 offers Wifi Tethering, if I hooked my laptop up to my phones hotspot I take it I could view email on there no problem as I am only using the 'web' connection from my phone? I think thats right and feel slightly daft for having to ask. Thinking of maybe getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab to hook up and use for mail and word processing etc when travelling. Cheers
JJonas Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 I dont think there is such a thing as unlimited anymore. Most providers have a fair use policy of 512mb - 1gb a month. Im 2.2 on Vodafone.
stevenlong1985 Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 Check out Virginmedia, I have HD2 but running Froyo 2.2, they do have HTC Desire most likely to be unlocked as well, and the internet is really unlimited!
plexer Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 It's daft vodafone have 512mb and 1024mb unlimited internet packs. hmm doesn't seem quite unlimited to me. I'm just waiting for my free Galaxy S, 300 minutes, ultd text, 512mb Internet for £20 pm from Vodafone. Ben
Svarcy Posted September 3, 2010 Author Posted September 3, 2010 Check out Virginmedia, I have HD2 but running Froyo 2.2, they do have HTC Desire most likely to be unlocked as well, and the internet is really unlimited! Just had a look at this, free over 24 months handset costs £149.99 over 18 months. Dont really want to be tied into a 2 year contract but its having the £149.99 upfront and ready. Anyone got any experience of turning the Desire into a mifi?
JJonas Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 I went with, I am leaving you Vodafone because you wont do me the phone I want for the price I want. They then decided to offer me an HTC Desire for £17.50 a month. So I stayed with them. take a look at Mobile Phone Offers On Orange, O2, 3, T Mobile And Vodafone - e2save.com - Mobile Phones these are new contracts, use the price on there to get a better deal from your existing provider. 1
alan-d Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 O2 havn't put out 2.2 yet although rumours say they will this month sometime.
plexer Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 They offered me the Desire at that same price but I really wanted the Galaxy S. The original deal they offered me on the Galaxy was £22.50 pm but as it was out of stock yesterday he could do it for £20. Ben
edutech4schools Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 I am on t-mobile uk and it is unlimited, well up to 3gb but I have never got up to that and its always downloading apps etc. If your email is web based than its ok under the web contract. I have a friend that goes over the 3mb and he has not been told to reduce his usage.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now