ZeroHour Posted September 1, 2010 Posted September 1, 2010 Hi I have had 2010 since beta 2 but I have never, until now, noticed the fact that when you get an email its icon changes (w7 at least) and it adds an envelope which disappears when you read it (like the system tray envelope) They need to have a red drop shadow or something as I simply didnt see it. Just a fyi for you all
sted Posted September 1, 2010 Posted September 1, 2010 hasnt outlook from at least 2003 onwards done that?
john Posted September 1, 2010 Posted September 1, 2010 hasnt outlook from at least 2003 onwards done that? The system tray I believe so but not the actual icon on the taskbar Oh and I had noticed it, it was one of my early discoveries
RabbieBurns Posted September 2, 2010 Posted September 2, 2010 I hadn't noticed it, and Ive just spent a while figuring out why not. One of the first things I did when I got windows 7 was disabled the obscenely large task bar and ticked the "use small icons" option. The Outlook envelope doesn't appear with this setup.
ZeroHour Posted September 2, 2010 Author Posted September 2, 2010 I hadn't noticed it, and Ive just spent a while figuring out why not. One of the first things I did when I got windows 7 was disabled the obscenely large task bar and ticked the "use small icons" option. The Outlook envelope doesn't appear with this setup. I actually like the fat icon bar myself, but I do use autohide to claw back the real estate (since w2k era).
john Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 I actually like the fat icon bar myself, but I do use autohide to claw back the real estate (since w2k era). I love the "fat bar" its great and ZH you just need more TFTs if your that desperate for the real estate (did you get left in the US too long to use that term )
Gatt Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 hasnt outlook from at least 2003 onwards done that? I think Outlook 2007 did this in Windows 7.. but yeah 2010 has been doing it since the beta's I too am a fan of the fat icons in Windows 7.. Did you know that they were created for use with touch devices, etc, to make them easier to use
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now