DaveMurphy Posted August 9, 2010 Posted August 9, 2010 I've figured this out with moodle but I'm now wondering about it for Joomla... On the Control Panel with the mysql and all the other jazz I've put joomla as a subdomain ie: http://web.mydomain and which should be mydomain.com/web now is there something I need to configure in Joomla to stay on web. and not go to /web ? When I'm on the Joomla homepage its web. but if I go on any other page its www. then /web
Edu-IT Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 You could use a rewrite rule in your .htaccess file to force it to use the subdomain, I imagine.
p858snake Posted August 11, 2010 Posted August 11, 2010 (edited) when you say control panel, do you mean something like CPanel, because those don't do subdomains properly, you should be doing it higher up in your dns control panel. (unless you have actual control over the web server running config) Edited August 11, 2010 by p858snake
RabbieBurns Posted August 11, 2010 Posted August 11, 2010 I use apache with vhosts and do all my subdomains that way
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now