Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have seen the downgrade and I too will be staying well clear, I really dont want to have to chance voiding the warranty of the Desire and root the phone just to get 2.2, but if needs must....! One of the many benefits of the HTC Desire is it being unbranded and open source as with the Android platform. We mide as well buy an iPhone if we want restrictions like this put on us!

 

Additional details can be found on this blog post too, the majority of which is already in the media spotlight, however there are some useful links to various channels of complaint etc -

 

Vodafone HTC Desire 360 Branded Update - FAIL

Posted
This is the only instance i can think apples over controlling of the iPhone is a good thing. This wouldn't happen with them.

 

PS: You have been beaten to it - http://www.edugeek.net/forums/netbooks-pda-phones/60763-beware-htc-desire-vodafone-branding-update.html

 

Cheers, I saw both topics, that's why I posted in both.

 

With regards to Apple, neither would not being able to make phone calls due to the way the users holds the handset...oh...wait...that did happen!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...