craigg Posted July 7, 2010 Posted July 7, 2010 Has anyone managed to do this? Im trying to add some Dwords into registry for an adobe cs3 deployment using WinINSTALL LE but it doesnt seem to be working. Any info would be great. I think its going to be one of those tasks that I wish I'd never taken on! Cheers
powdarrmonkey Posted July 7, 2010 Posted July 7, 2010 I find MakeMSI much easier for this kind of thing. It's pseudo-code, which suits me fine, and more importantly free.
craigg Posted July 8, 2010 Author Posted July 8, 2010 Im going to give MakeMSI a go this morning. THanks for your help!
jsnetman Posted July 8, 2010 Posted July 8, 2010 (edited) I tend to deploy regedits through startup scripts (XP think this can also be done via GP as well)) or group policy preferences on windows 7, you have to be careful in an msi that user settings are not getting propergated via the MSI, machine settings are fine. But have generated MSI's for regedits on the real nasty bits of software, I would say with a 50% success rate. Edited July 8, 2010 by jsnetman
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now