Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Android App Security Risk

 

Mmmm, so two choices:

 

1) Closed source Apple: no one, net even me, can make calls on the phone

 

or

 

2) Open source Google: anybody in the world can make calls from my phone anytime they like.

 

Android is so clearly superior I'll be selling my iPhone 4 on fleebay over the weekend and buying an HTC droid on Monday.

 

I'm let's look on the bright side - I might not be able to listen to any of my Music anymore but atleast I can make phone calls (so long as some chump from indonnesia isn't using the line).

Posted
I got emailed that link earlier in the week, what it doesn't mention is that there are free AV apps available on Android, and that every app declares the access it requires before you install it: if you don't like the permissions it needs, you don't install it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...