Hightower Posted June 24, 2010 Posted June 24, 2010 I'm looking for the best deal on an X10 mini for the wife, but as you say, it's only a phone. Still, looking for the BEST deal on it - don't see the point of paying an extra £30 if I don't need to. But it's only my money. Better off in my bank than somebody elses. You have a cooling off period which you can cancel it before.
rush_tech Posted June 24, 2010 Posted June 24, 2010 My IPhone has just become active and I have spent the some time watching these videos about the antenna problems and thinking 'its going back' but no matter what I try I can't recreate this issue on my phone(O2)
somabc Posted June 24, 2010 Posted June 24, 2010 iphone 4 has yellow spot on the screen! Apple is using a bonding agent called Organofunctional Silane Z-6011 to bond the layers of glass. Apparently, Apple (or more likely Foxconn) is shipping these products so quickly that the evaporation process is not complete. However, after one or two days of use, especially with the screen on, will complete the evaporation process and the yellow "blotches" will disappear. How do I know? I was involved in pitching Z-6011 to Apple. iPhone 4's yellow spot issue goes away with a bit of time? -- Engadget
tech_guy Posted June 24, 2010 Posted June 24, 2010 I was in my local O2 yesterday afternoon and I must admit I couldn't get either of their demo phones to show the antenna problem, even when using a key.
tmcd35 Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 I went into the Apple Store last night to look at the bumpers. Cheap, plastic, over priced and only available in black. I walked out without buying one. Bought a cheap rubber case off eBay for £5 delivered from Hong Kong. I'm sure that'll do the trick.
broc Posted June 25, 2010 Author Posted June 25, 2010 Perhaps all these stories of iPhone 4 aerial problems are part of a global conspiracy organised by Android supporters with the purpose of impacting iPhone sales?
Popular Post Hightower Posted June 25, 2010 Popular Post Posted June 25, 2010 Hmmm, iPhone 4G is about 9 or 10mm thick. Now go spoil it with a bumper to bring it to between 13-15mm thick! We love you Apple. The longer you keep these fan boi's occupied with your over priced garbage, the longer we get the better deals in the 'real' world. 6
ICT_GUY Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 Apple has released official advice for iPhone 4 owners to overcome the problem of the device losing signal when held by the lower left corner. Steve Jobs responded to a query about the problem from one owner by saying: "Just avoid holding it in that way." Typical response from the narcissistic chocolate starfish.
creese Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 Steve Jobs responded to a query about the problem from one owner by saying: "Just avoid holding it in that way." Typical response from the narcissistic chocolate starfish. It would be interesting to see if there are any advertisements with people holding the iPhone 'in that way'
tmcd35 Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 (edited) lol, remind me of the (very) old joke - "Doctor, Doctor - it' hurts when I move my hand like this"... EDIT: Actually I'm suprised they haven't claimed it's a design feature incase of unwanted calls from your mother.... "sorry ma, I seem to be loosing reception, you're breaking up" Edited June 25, 2010 by tmcd35
ICT_GUY Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 lol, remind me of the (very) old joke - "Doctor, Doctor - it' hurts when I move my hand like this"... EDIT: Actually I'm suprised they haven't claimed it's a design feature incase of unwanted calls from your mother.... "sorry ma, I seem to be loosing reception, you're breaking up" Now that's a phone I WOULD buy.
ZeroHour Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 You know the fail that was Job's keynote, I wonder if the real reason he couldnt connect was he was holding it the wrong way I can confirm the issue as I have seen it happen 3 times now, I just hope it doesnt happen during a call.
tmcd35 Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 You know the fail that was Job's keynote, I wonder if the real reason he couldnt connect was he was holding it the wrong way Lol, I suppose 20/20 hind-sight is a good thing, but I did find it funny at the time. Watch his Lord Job's jump up and down on stage blaming the audiance for using the WIFI. I just didn't really twig why until now. I suppose it's obvious now when you go back and watch the video. I mean iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 side-by-side, connected (pressumably) to the same AP and yet the 3GS loads the page and the iPhone 4 doesn't. Mmmm, got to be a problem with the AP that And then of course not one of the live webstreams running that day posted 'you know what, Steve is right! The internet has been running a little slow in here. Were gonna turn out laptop off so Stevie-boy can do his demo'. Yeah-right! Design flaw, Steve already knew about it - that's why the over priced bumpers where launched, and he thought he could cover his tracks by blaming the audiance's wifi usage. Still didn't put me off, my iPhone is in the post
creese Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 S Job. List of jobs and ideas: 1. The iFail - not designed to work in the first place. 2. The iAerial - switches off at a touch.
tech_guy Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 Looks like the Apple iPhone 4 users could do with one of these: http://fandcorp.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/iglove.png?w=492&h=677 1
tmcd35 Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 @Tech_guy; ooohhh - I want, I want. How much? Where do I buy? Can I give you my credit card, take £500 from that should be enough? If it doesn't frey at the edgies and come apart after 10 minutes use I want a refund as it obviously won't be an official Apple product 1
creese Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 @Tech_guy; ooohhh - I want, I want. How much? Where do I buy? Can I give you my credit card, take £500 from that should be enough? If it doesn't frey at the edgies and come apart after 10 minutes use I want a refund as it obviously won't be an official Apple product Ah, you have the iWallet. Would the card be iPlastic? Hold it the wrong way and the PIN won't work.
mac_shinobi Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 I went into the Apple Store last night to look at the bumpers. Cheap, plastic, over priced and only available in black. I walked out without buying one. Bought a cheap rubber case off eBay for £5 delivered from Hong Kong. I'm sure that'll do the trick. Hong kong - that should take about 2 weeks - although you can still prolly use the phone as a camera and ipod lol - I will get a rubber case but Im not buying apples rubber case when they should of included one with it for the amount of money people are forking out for it in the first place
mac_shinobi Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 Ah, you have the iWallet. Would the card be iPlastic? Hold it the wrong way and the PIN won't work. Hold it in the wrong way and it erases all the information off of the card and you lose any money you had
creese Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 Hold it in the wrong way and it erases all the information off of the card and you lose any money you had I love these iJokes. Maybe we should copywrite these names before Steve grabs them.
tech_guy Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 I was using my friends iPhone 4 last night, and it was like weird; because the moment I gripped the metal revolving clothes drier in his garden with my other hand the signal improved .... http://s7g1.scene7.com/is/image/BandQ/0000005136261_001c_v001_ap 1
LosOjos Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 If your bare hand can short the antenna, what happens if you try to use it in the rain????
tmcd35 Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 Ah, you have the iWallet. Would the card be iPlastic? Hold it the wrong way and the PIN won't work. funny! The pin never works on my plastic, but thats a differenst story. Actually, like all good Apple fanboys, Steve has direct access to my bank account via a MobileMe interface. iPlastic is for the fanboy wannabe's
creese Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 If your bare hand can short the antenna, what happens if you try to use it in the rain???? What would worry me if I had enough money to throw into the iPhone pot is that I'm not supposed to hold my mobile to my left ear or put it into my top pocket as it it too close to my Pacemaker. Is this going to affect other people with one?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now