Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Exchange Server 2007: No external access after renewing the self-signed certificate


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

Our self-signed certificate on Exchange 2007 expired. It has been 1 years since our server has been setup buy someone else who is not contactable.

I have followed the instructions on this link Exchangepedia: Exchange Server 2007: Renewing the self-signed certificate and all seems to be ok.

The old unvalid certificate is there and also the new one with the new expiration date.

All is working for MS outlook users and the certificate error is not shown, however when trying to access using the web access http://servername/owa we get a 403.4 error. I tried going to https instead and works. Thats ok internall, but when accessing from remote.schoolname.lea.sch.uk either on http or https the 403 error is shown. Are these instructions correct? have I made a mistake somewhere? does the old certificate need to be removed first? (didnt want to incase I did something wrong)

Regards

Phil

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...