Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Driverless printing from Linux to any Windows shared printer


Recommended Posts

Posted
Whilst searching around for various bits of information, I stumbled upon this clever idea.

 

Been there, done that - my system also records who prints what, meaning we can limit / charge for printing. Thanks for the link, it's handy to compare notes - I think I might have picked the wrong driver to use. I've used an old, original HP Laserjet 4 driver, so now all our laser printers are convinced they have to print huge broders around the edge of every page of A4. Note that such a system also means you don't have to install multiple drivers on Windows machines, either - you just need to make sure they all have a generic Postscript driver available, which they should all have by default.

 

--

David Hicks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...