CyberNerd Posted December 12, 2006 Posted December 12, 2006 Is it possible to have XP autologon if they are on a domain?. I'm unsure as I've never encountered the need to do this before. DC is samba so XP side fixes please. Thanks in advance.
ChrisH Posted December 12, 2006 Posted December 12, 2006 Option Explicit Dim ws Set ws = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Dim strKeyPath strKeyPath = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\" ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "AutoAdminLogon", "1", "REG_SZ" ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "AutoLogonCount", "1", "REG_SZ" ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "DefaultPassword", "password", "REG_SZ" ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "DefaultUserName", "Administrator", "REG_SZ" ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "DefaultDomainName", "domain", "REG_SZ" ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "AltDefaultDomainName", "domain", "REG_SZ" ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "CachePrimaryDomain", "domain", "REG_SZ"
CyberNerd Posted December 12, 2006 Author Posted December 12, 2006 I guess thats a yes. Looks good, will give it a try. thanks
ChrisH Posted December 12, 2006 Posted December 12, 2006 I guess thats a yes. Looks good, will give it a try. thanks Sorry was in a rush was on my way out
altecsole Posted December 14, 2006 Posted December 14, 2006 Have a look at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Miscellaneous/Autologon.mspx It's a sysinteranls program. The advantage if this is that it doesn't seem to store the password details in the registry - not that I can see anyway. You can use the command line too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now