glennda Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 I am looking into putting in an extra spam filter as our lea's seems to be getting a little lax. I was planning on just changing the forward on our firewall to direct the incoming SMTP traffic to a spam filter (preferably a linux one as would be free) which would then forward onto our exchange box. Does anybody have any suggestions of a good free spam filter that they use? I had a quick google and ASSP (anti-spam SMTP proxy) came up which looks like it would do the job. any suggestions welcome Thanks in advance
soveryapt Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 I use SpamAssassin: Welcome to SpamAssassin on my webserver at the moment and it does a pretty good job.
powdarrmonkey Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 If you have exchange 2003 onwards you already have anti-spam built in, probably just needs tuning.
glennda Posted May 17, 2010 Author Posted May 17, 2010 If you have exchange 2003 onwards you already have anti-spam built in, probably just needs tuning. I would rather put something in the way to be perfectly honest! our exchange box was never setup very well and can be a little flakey (predecessor who didn't quite know what he was doing) and im just waiting for the day i can upgrade it to exchange 2010 and get rid of that box! but that's a summer job! I use SpamAssassin: Welcome to SpamAssassin on my webserver at the moment and it does a pretty good job. thanks ill take a look and see how far i can get.
CyberNerd Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 ::: Official Home Page for MailScanner - Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Filter ::: has spamassassin built in
glennda Posted May 19, 2010 Author Posted May 19, 2010 Can you tell Spam Filter is better or Anti-Virus software is better? Our SMTP is scanned for viruses on its way in and when we send it to our LEA's smart host. We just want to put a Spam filter to try and reduce the spam coming through Toby
Iain Posted May 20, 2010 Posted May 20, 2010 Another vote for MailScanner. I have a box set up with postfix, mailscanner, spamassassin, and clamav. Ever since installing this we have been catching 99% of spam. Highly recommended. Iain.
ndavies Posted June 16, 2010 Posted June 16, 2010 Can this work alongside Exchange 2003 somehow? Quite liked GFI Mail Essentials effectiveness, but couldn't get the budget for it.
Geoff Posted June 16, 2010 Posted June 16, 2010 I'm confused as to what your asking? Is the above not what your after? Or are you expecting your users to spam each other?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now