networkingNut Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 Just wondering how do you secure your staff laptops? All we currently do is etch them. After suffering a few thefts from staff member's houses I am looking at how I can improve it. I have looked at encryption with truecrypt but the only problem I can see with that is getting the data back if you forget the password used to encrypt the drive. Most of the tracking systems are only any good if they connect to the Internet. I know it may be a long shot but does anyone have any ideas? Thanks nN
pwds Posted May 14, 2010 Posted May 14, 2010 If you use Sophos for Anti-Virus it might be worth exploring their Sophos Endpoint with Data Protection product. Not significantly more expensive than AV alone and fully managed. Most resellers will upgrade you from AV to Endpoint if you have LEA provided Sophos AV.
Gatt Posted May 14, 2010 Posted May 14, 2010 How do you secure Laptops? By not giving them to end-users?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now