TronXP Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 Yesterday afternoon I decided to update the software on our 7310. As it hadn't finished by the time I had to go home I left it thinking it would be complete when I came back in. This morning my browser was closed and when I try to log in it comes up with "update in progress, please wait a few minutes for the update to complete. I am a bit wary of restarting it, but can it take this long to update?
teejay Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 I've had this happen once, you can try going into lights out management and rebooting from there which worked for me. If you feel a bit uncomfortable about doing that, phone Sun support. 1
TronXP Posted April 29, 2010 Author Posted April 29, 2010 Well tried to reboot and that has made it worse, I have lost connection to shares and now the login page no longer appears. I can still get into lights our managementl, guess its time to ring sun!
teejay Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 Have you tried the ssh terminal console to see what is failng to boot?
TronXP Posted April 29, 2010 Author Posted April 29, 2010 I have managed to ssh into the box where abouts do I find out what is failing the boot? Thanks
Duke Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 FYI - An update should pretty reliably take 25-30 mins. Anything significantly longer than that is usually a sign of trouble. Sun UK support (if you haven't already contacted them) is 0870 600 3222 and you'll need the serial number of the S7310 and probably what firmware you were upgrading from and to. 1
TronXP Posted April 29, 2010 Author Posted April 29, 2010 After an hour and half on the phone to a very good support guy we have got it back up and running! It appears for some reason that the boot order had changed! How I don't know but it was trying to boot off the readzilla's rather than the sata. Brown pants moment over I can get on with the rest of the days jobs.
teejay Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 Glad you got it sorted, which update were you applying, was it 2010.Q1.0.2?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now