acoles Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 Hi, I may be going completely mad but I've been trying to deploy Pcounter Popup using a vbs as Group Policy User Logon Script for some time and can't get it working! I created a vbs script which runs fine if I run it by double clicking but when I tried deploying it with Group Policy something odd started happening. I could see the icon in the task bar appear and then disappear. Trying to get to the bottom of the problem, I have pared back my script so it just runs the popup.exe from the c:\ drive and put in a message so that I can see the script has run. Now I can see that the script runs but when it closes, the application closes too . I then tried running a different app (notepad and then calculator), the same happens, script runs and when it closes, the app closes too. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong??
David_PCN Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 Did you contact the Altman support? There's various options which could be tested. Their e-mail address is [email protected]
acoles Posted July 20, 2010 Author Posted July 20, 2010 I have contacted Altman but they didn't seem to know what to do. It doesn't seem to be affecting only PCounter popup as the same happens if I use a completely harmless app like 'calculator' in the script too.
FN-GM Posted July 20, 2010 Posted July 20, 2010 i just put the .exe file into the list of programs to run on logon when we used it.
Arthur Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you but I have a MSI that can be used to install PPopup (and WBalance) locally on each PC. The installer adds an entry for both of these programs to the registry (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) so that they run when a user logs in. All you have to do to get the MSI working is to copy PPopup.exe and WBalance.exe into the same folder as the MSI and set the property called PRINTSERVER to the name of your print server (do not include the \\). To change any of the PPopup command-line parameters you would need to edit the Registry table inside the MSI with either InstEd or Orca. Download Link: http://cl.ly/1ikQ 1
RPilkington Posted April 19, 2012 Posted April 19, 2012 Any chance I could get a copy of the MSI for PCounter?
Arthur Posted April 19, 2012 Posted April 19, 2012 Here's a working download link... http://db.tt/Df0IymDM 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now