CHR1S Posted April 21, 2010 Posted April 21, 2010 I have a sinking feeling I have managed to do this backwards! I installed XBMC (Live) Jaunty (I think, im crap with Linux) to the hdd, then created a new NTFS partition for Win7 assuming it would set up the dual boot but all I have is Win 7 now Is there a quick and dirty way to set up the dual boot with XBMC taking priority? Thanks
CHR1S Posted April 21, 2010 Author Posted April 21, 2010 Problem is that I have my perfect XBMC setup done damn
LosOjos Posted April 22, 2010 Posted April 22, 2010 I've made this mistake in the past too, Windows doesn't seem to like letting you use a non-M$ OS Try EasyBCD, you can edit you're windows boot manager from that and it supports adding linux boots to it, plus you can add a taskbar button which lets you select which OS to load up following a restart: Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - NeoSmart Technologies 1
soapyfish Posted April 22, 2010 Posted April 22, 2010 Yeah I agree, always install Windows first then Linux,
CHR1S Posted May 12, 2010 Author Posted May 12, 2010 I tried all the grub stuff and failed miserably, so I downloaded the newest RC of XBMC (I usually try dailys) and it worked a treat, glad I did reinstall it now thanks all
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now