cantthinkofanickname Posted April 14, 2010 Posted April 14, 2010 Currently we have Norton 2010 for all PCs. We are getting a windows SBS server 2008 as well and see that Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 includes protection for the server so would appear this may suffice in one package. Our other option is to renew the current Nortons as they expire but that would need a separate purchase for the server. 1. my experience of endpoint is that it markedly slows down PCs when installed (used to have it before our current Nortons but only used the client features). Does anyone else share this experience? 2. What could we do for the server as a separate issue (maybe open source)?
powdarrmonkey Posted April 14, 2010 Posted April 14, 2010 Personally, on the SBS server I support, I've used McAfee Total whatsidoo, which comes in a block of licenses and includes spam filtering, and is installed and administered through the web. This has made it much easier for me to manage remotely.
cantthinkofanickname Posted April 14, 2010 Author Posted April 14, 2010 I do not see the appropriate product on their website. Do you have the full name?
powdarrmonkey Posted April 14, 2010 Posted April 14, 2010 Total Protection Service Advanced - Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall and Anti-Spam protection managed by McAfee is what you're after I think. edit: overview - http://www.mcafee.com/uk/small/products/security_compliance_services/
cantthinkofanickname Posted April 16, 2010 Author Posted April 16, 2010 Total Protection Service Advanced - Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall and Anti-Spam protection managed by McAfee is what you're after I think. Thanks, MacAfee is too expensive and they do not answer enquiry emails. I am in the UK and all their prices are in dollars!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now