leco Posted April 12, 2010 Posted April 12, 2010 ... now we have the adverts back in the first post on a thread:( That generally slows my laptop to a crawl whilst they render and action for the first time. Just when I was enjoying the ad free reads. Not really complaining, I know how important they are to the revenues, but some of them take absolutely ages. Ah well, never mind.
leco Posted April 12, 2010 Author Posted April 12, 2010 Brilliant thank you so much - no more flash That's just on my laptop where it's an issue.
sidewinder Posted April 13, 2010 Posted April 13, 2010 maybe if you click one of the ads it will lead you to a laptop that can cope with flash
ZeroHour Posted April 13, 2010 Posted April 13, 2010 ... now we have the adverts back in the first post on a thread:( That generally slows my laptop to a crawl whilst they render and action for the first time. Just when I was enjoying the ad free reads. Not really complaining, I know how important they are to the revenues, but some of them take absolutely ages. Ah well, never mind. I have actually fixed a problem with some of the adverts rendering bizarrly. Can you give it a try again out of curiousity as it may have been this. Cheers
leco Posted April 13, 2010 Author Posted April 13, 2010 ZH: As you ask I'll give it another go this evening.
leco Posted April 13, 2010 Author Posted April 13, 2010 Zero Hour: The main culprit seems to be the HP advert, most of it is fine but when it goes into the swirl type thing the laptop slows to a crawl. I am well aware that the machine is quite old (yes D-B it is an Acer) but works well for most things that I do on it. Not really a big issue, just sometimes I get a bit frustrated when the display suddenly stops scrolling. I can live with it, looking on the positive side slowing down may be a good thing for my health:)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now