wesleyw Posted November 16, 2006 Posted November 16, 2006 If quite a few of the tutorials the top left breadcrumb shows the VLE name then each of the categories then the course e.g. VLE -> IT Services -> How To -> Use Profiles Where "Use Profiles" is the course. However when any of the users or myself go into moodle it shows the VLE and then the course e.g. VLE -> Use Profiles how do I fix this or is it inherent in Moodle 1.7 and its a feature not a bug? Wes
mighty.grey.eagle Posted November 16, 2006 Posted November 16, 2006 Could be many possibilities. Moodle 1.7 is very new and it may have broken your theme. If you let me know which theme you are using I can try it on our test system.
Geoff Posted November 16, 2006 Posted November 16, 2006 Yes, most of the search results I came up with regarding breadcrumbs revolved around themes breaking them.
wesleyw Posted November 16, 2006 Author Posted November 16, 2006 I'm using the Standard_Ossett I've added a few gifs that it was looking for but didn't actually exist where it said they should but as it isn't the images that are missing it's the breadcrumb paths the error would then be within the themes header info? Geoff if you say the themes break them (in some cases of course) would the above comment I've made make any sense? lol Wes
Geoff Posted November 17, 2006 Posted November 17, 2006 If you're just changing images I don't see how you could 'break' a theme.
wesleyw Posted November 17, 2006 Author Posted November 17, 2006 So it will be something else within the theme? I'll change the theme to something basic like the standard theme option and get back to you! Thanks Wes
wesleyw Posted November 17, 2006 Author Posted November 17, 2006 OKay tried that. The course category doesn't show the extra heirarchy between course categories and the final category I've chosen (there are two or three sub layers in between) and when you click on course it looses all of the heirarcy breadcrumbs? Have I done something stupendously stupid? (It's been doing this in V1.5.3 upwards) Permissions? Specific global settings? PHP? It could be all sorts I'm just hoping it's something simple. lol Wes
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now