neon Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 Morning edugeekers, have been tasked with redisigning the report template this week, not such a bad task as it is all donr, however I was just wondering if there was anyway to only allow the teachers to write in text boxes I have created? I want to lock all the other text, graphics and boxes in place so they cannot mess it up. Last year it was an abosulte mess! the ict co-ordinator did a quick template, teachers moved boxes and pictures and it looked terrible! Any help much appreciated.
Flakes Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 Morning edugeekers, have been tasked with redisigning the report template this week, not such a bad task as it is all donr, however I was just wondering if there was anyway to only allow the teachers to write in text boxes I have created? I want to lock all the other text, graphics and boxes in place so they cannot mess it up. Last year it was an abosulte mess! the ict co-ordinator did a quick template, teachers moved boxes and pictures and it looked terrible! Any help much appreciated. quickly sum this up for me? what are you using for these reports? and im guessing that these are Computer/equipment/smartboard fault reports?
elsiegee40 Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 (edited) If you are trying to create a Form in word, you may find this helpful: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP010446741033.aspx or for the full ABC http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/an_extreme_tutorial_in_creating_fill-in_forms_in_microsoft_word.htm Edited March 25, 2010 by elsiegee40
neon Posted March 25, 2010 Author Posted March 25, 2010 just using microsoft word 2003, it is the end of year report teachers write for the parents. Will look at the form thing. Thank you.
jamesreedersmith Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 Or do what we do - get them to put all the data in a database/spreadhseet and mail merge it into the reports - makes it a lok quicker inputting the data as well. THanks James
elsiegee40 Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 just using microsoft word 2003, it is the end of year report teachers write for the parents. Will look at the form thing. Thank you. I have done this for our school, modelled on the ones I did for my last school. I lay the report out using a table, with row heights set as "Exact", not "At least". Staff are told to make sure that they can see Text boundaries (Tools > Options Genreal tab, check the "text boundaries" box) I mailmerge the skeleton reports with a pupil list in a csv to produce a single document with all the reports in. I did have field locking in place, but with a large number of forms in a mail-merged document it slowed things down to a snail's pace, so the restriction is simply the table boxes. There are a few that get mangled every year, but it only takes a moment to change the font size and re-adjust the row height. PM me your email address if you'd like me to send you one of my reports. (We have different versions for KS1, KS2 and Early Years)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now