localzuk Posted April 2, 2010 Posted April 2, 2010 Thank you for the explanation, James. I really appreciate it. I have heard about Meru, just wanted to clarify - apparently it uses only channel 6 [instead of bleeding 1, 6, 11] which I cannot understand can work efficiently [?!] Maybe thinks have changed in the past couple of years. Also I think Aruba is good too but again not sure about the cost. It uses a single channel system, not just channel 6 (it. you can set it to any of the channels). This works by flooding the entire area with the same channel. The antennae are then just that - antennae - not AP's. So, think of the controller like the actual AP, with the antennae being geographically spread out and connected via long cables. (obviously, it is a little more complex than that). Extricom works in a similar way.
featured_spectre Posted April 2, 2010 Posted April 2, 2010 Search the forum for my report on wireless. Thorough but dumbed down for my governors. So far I have had 3 schools look at the system at my school, an took my report to their governors, so far 2 of them purchased it and the 3rd is waiting for budget to come through I believe.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now