tickmike Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 Hi . The new firefox update (1.5.0.8 ) has b*** up all my bookmarks and other settings , Its a good job I took a back up of the bookmarks the other day !. From Michael.
Ric_ Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 You aren't the luckiest of people are you? Have you tried Firefox 2.0 instead?
GrumbleDook Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 Firefox 2.0 has really buggered up my RSS feeds ... the EduGeek toolbar constantly reposts that messages have not been read, the feeds I have in the Live Bookmarks toolbar (RSS Ticker) constantly come back up even after I have read them ... And formatting on a few sites have gone to pot ... and these are fully validated sites too create by some of our students ...
Geoff Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 profile corruption is usually the result of buggy addons rather than any problem with firefox. Try disabling your addons and re-enabling them one at a time until the problem goes away. When you find the buggy addon make sure you post a bug report so it gets fixed.
Ric_ Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 I've had no problems 1.5.0.8 at home or 2.0 at work (touch wood). I must admit that the only addon I use is TabBrowserPreferences and the Noia theme.
GrumbleDook Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 Done and done ... and the problem is still there ... the issue with the toolbar exists on its own ... as does the RSS Ticker.
tickmike Posted November 13, 2006 Author Posted November 13, 2006 Hi. The update was to add 'Spoofstick' (shows the 'URL' at the top of the page) But I was already using it !, so that's what confused it when it tried to install it again. I will send them a bug report. From Michael.
tickmike Posted November 13, 2006 Author Posted November 13, 2006 Back again. OS=W2K pro. Does anyone know how I get rid of these bookmarks. I want to delete and reinstall from the back up file. I have tried opening Firefox > bookmark tab > manage bookmarks > Edit > select all > then this 'greys out' the delete button, so I cannot delete ALL the bookmarks in one go . Do any one know which folder has the main bookmark files ?. Had a look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox... but could not see it.!. Michael.
Geoff Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 Do any one know which folder has the main bookmark files ?. Had a look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox... but could not see it.!. Read the Firefox FAQ. http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#profiles
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now