plexer Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Looking to buy one of these found this one: [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Cyclone-Micro-Upscaling-Player/dp/B002BC662G]Sumvision Cyclone Micro Upscaling Media Player HDMI NEW: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame] Is that the cheapest it's available for? Thanks. Ben
Haptic Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Looking to buy one of these found this one: Sumvision Cyclone Micro Upscaling Media Player HDMI NEW: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo Is that the cheapest it's available for? Thanks. Ben my collegue Mr B has one of these and isnt that impressed Ben:(
plexer Posted March 18, 2010 Author Posted March 18, 2010 Whats the problem he has with it people rave about it on ebuyer. Will list some alternatives tomorrow. Ben
jamin100 Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 I brought one about a month ago and its fine for the wife and kids! If your bothered about proper HD 1080p quality then dont get it but is you just want to play some avi's on your telly then its fantastic.
adhutton Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 I have one of these and it's great. I stream HD video (720p) via a 200mbps 'Homeplug' (Extra Value 200Mbps Pass-through Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack - Ebuyer) from my Home Network to it with very few problems. It has the advantage of being network enabled (unlike some other HD players) and it plays MKVs, VOBs, ISOs, AVIs etc... with no bother at all. It also has inputs for two USB drives or memory cards. The only thing I haven't been able to get to work is the YouTube function which I believe is a problem for other people as well. I have upgraded the firmware, but still no joy. I also have a Western Digital WDTV box and the Sumvision is equally as good if not better than that. The menus are a bit slicker on the WDTV, but so what? Hope this helps? Andrew
plexer Posted March 18, 2010 Author Posted March 18, 2010 I have one of these and it's great. I stream HD video (720p) via a 200mbps 'Homeplug' (Extra Value 200Mbps Pass-through Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack - Ebuyer) from my Home Network to it with very few problems. It has the advantage of being network enabled (unlike some other HD players) and it plays MKVs, VOBs, ISOs, AVIs etc... with no bother at all. It also has inputs for two USB drives or memory cards. The only thing I haven't been able to get to work is the YouTube function which I believe is a problem for other people as well. I have upgraded the firmware, but still no joy. I also have a Western Digital WDTV box and the Sumvision is equally as good if not better than that. The menus are a bit slicker on the WDTV, but so what? Hope this helps? Andrew I dont think the player I linked to has a network port. What one do you have?
adhutton Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 I dont think the player I linked to has a network port. What one do you have? I think it's the MKII version. It cost me about £70 fairly recently. Andrew 1
mattx Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 I've got one of these: SUMVISION - We Sell PC Hardware, Software, Digital Media, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players, Components, Networking Equipment and more... Cracking bit of kit. The wireless dongle is also available for it now. http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/44609/Sumvision-Cyclone-MKV-wireless-dongle-300Mbps-USB 1
RTi Posted March 19, 2010 Posted March 19, 2010 I have one too. very impressed with it.. streams m2ts and mkv fine from my synology nas..
bmdixon Posted March 19, 2010 Posted March 19, 2010 i've got one of these (the one you linked to not the bigger bro with network) and it's great for watching videos on a tv. Only problem i have had is that if the av cable isn't in quite right you get a dodgy picture, but if it's in properly it's fine. Picture quality is great (on a non-hd tv...), definitely worth it
adhutton Posted March 19, 2010 Posted March 19, 2010 I think it's the MKII version. It cost me about £70 fairly recently. Andrew This is the one I have... [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Cyclone-Adaptor-Supports-firmware/dp/B002U2SJC2/ref=pd_sim_ce_13]Sumvision Cyclone MKV FULL 1080p HD Adaptor Media: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame] Andrew
plexer Posted March 19, 2010 Author Posted March 19, 2010 Cool thanks guys it's just for use with my lcd tv with hdmi in the bedroom to watch ip tv shows downloaded to usb stick, don't have internet at home so don't need that sort of connectivity anway. Ta. Ben
Diello Posted March 19, 2010 Posted March 19, 2010 Looking to buy one of these found this one: Sumvision Cyclone Micro Upscaling Media Player HDMI NEW: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo Is that the cheapest it's available for? Thanks. Ben I have one - got from eBuyer. Love it - good for not having to have the PC on in the living room when wanting to watch something!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now