russdev Posted November 10, 2006 Posted November 10, 2006 Hi Been looking at various systems as life has become so complicated needed some way of tracking it all looked at various and trying out few winner is glpi second was oneorzero mainly as it had create task by email which glpi doesn't have at moment. Anyway the crux of post basically any php coders out there fancy challenge as need to get a script that can run as cron job that looks at mailbox gets mail and adds each one as a helpdesk task. Cant pay you but you get kudos from me on he boards and myblog plus will write a reference (if required). So anyone fancies a challenge let me know.. Russell
webman Posted November 10, 2006 Posted November 10, 2006 I'm away in London this weekend Russ, but let me know next week which helpdesk system you're using (As Ben said, RT already does this so you might want to look into it).
russdev Posted November 10, 2006 Author Posted November 10, 2006 As said using glpi http://glpi-project.org/ oneorzero does but same as rt what dosnt do all other stuff i need it to do and dont want to combine loads of scripts and systems.. GLPI does all i need in terms of not only helpdesk tracker, project managment and what is in effect a mini crm (dont need a full crm but need to be able assign notes,files, and track contact with orgs and people glpi is very good at that) One thing it is missing is the email to helpdesk item interface. Russ Russell
contink Posted November 10, 2006 Posted November 10, 2006 If you're looking for code from which to take inspiration then the m2f (mail2forum) project is a good place.. It's all opensource and has a semi-active community. Not looked at it in a while but I'd imagine it'd contain most of the code you're looking for and then some.
plexer Posted November 11, 2006 Posted November 11, 2006 My biggest issue with RT is that as I'm running it on server 2003 the windows port is a lot behind the native installation so something else that allows me to track inventory as well is something I would definately consider but I would also want email logging of the faults as the users wouldn't then know I'd changed the backend so I'll be watching closely. Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now