russdev Posted November 10, 2006 Posted November 10, 2006 Hi If anyone using/setting up GLPI helpdesk software wants to be so kind as to dump the data from tables that keeps default dropdown menu data in. Then would save me some major time in setting my ssystem up. Any data sent i will convert into cvs format and then post up online somewhere for other people to download and add to etc.. Russ
plexer Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 Russ, How do you import csv data into glpi or is it a case of using phymyadmin to add it to the tables. Just wondering as I've started to look at it after you mentioned it as a replacement for RT which I think is great but because I'm running the windows port I don't have all the reporting features and I want to keep my helpdesk and inventory in one place. Ben
russdev Posted November 14, 2006 Author Posted November 14, 2006 Yes import just import using phpmyadmin.. Works well with opensource inventory system oscng or what ever it is called?? (installing that curently). russ
plexer Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 I've read about that and I suppose to automatically inventory your system that would work but I've got the data currently in a access db and as long as I have serial number etc.. I don't need a lot of the other data you could record. Ben
plexer Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 OCS NG only deals with computers then becuase you can run the agent on them and then add others things such as digital cameras/printer manually into glpi is that what you plan on doing Russ? Ben
russdev Posted November 14, 2006 Author Posted November 14, 2006 Yep thats plan computers got automaticly and everything else added in.. Russell
plexer Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 Unless a computer has the serial number stored somewhere or in bios asset tag OCS won't display it so will you add those manually in GLPI or not planning on recording this? Ben
Geoff Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 Most branded PC's have their serial numbers embedded in the bios DMI data. OCS inventory can see this information and will extract it and put it in the database. That's certainly what happens with my Dell and Fujitsu machines anyway.
plexer Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 I realised this after I posted as I checked the data and just didn't have the serial number field showing on the main screen. Running it on my xp workstation as the ocs ng server at the moment and the installation was easy enough. Ben
TechMonkey Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 Found these together really good. Not rolled it out everywhere just yet but heavily leaning towards getting it approved. Only thing I can't get working is the GLPI email follow-up. Though this isn't a deal killer. The OCS integration is superb though! Made my feeble attempt at populating the drop-downs look.... Well even more feeble.
plexer Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 How are you pushing out the OCS NG agent? Ben
TechMonkey Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 Haven't rolled it out fully, but on the test stations we just packaged it up into an MSI. All it needs is a reboot (That isn't included in the MSI but I may add) and that sets of a timer to update, about 10 mins, and then it appears in OCS.
russdev Posted November 14, 2006 Author Posted November 14, 2006 Any chance can send us a copy of msi. Russell
plexer Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 On my test setup I've just used the rename the exe to be the ip address of your server trick and then run that from a folder in the netlogon share using a vbs. Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now