Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just finished configuring my FOG server and need to configure my DHCP server which is a Mac running OS x ver 10.5.8. I found instructions for setting up Windows and Linux DHCP servers for FOG, but not Mac. I thought maybe the Linux and Mac instructions would be close, but when I tried them it failed. Basically the instructions were to edit the dhcpd.conf file, but I don't see it on the server.

 

I don't want to use the FOG server as a DHCP server, but the clients that PXE boot to the network will need to be able to find the FOG server, which is where the configuring of the Mac comes in. Has anyone else tried this or have any ideas for me?

 

Thanks!

Posted

id assume that mac os uses the same dhcpd as linux, so the instructions should be the same.

 

If there is a gui you need to set the PXE Boot Server to the IP of your fog machine and the PXE Boot File to "pxelinux.0"

Posted
From what I can gleen from Google, the Mac dhcp server isn't ISC DHCPD. If you want to do PXE booting using a OSX based Mac then you should grab the ISC DHCPD source and compile it yourself! :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...