Dave4u2 Posted March 3, 2010 Posted March 3, 2010 (edited) Hi All, I'm kinda new to joomla, dipped my toe in before, but only briefly, but do have a few years of web design, programing in PHP, ASP, etc... I've just completed a fresh install of edugeek 1.5 and am having problems uploading images. This is a fresh, clean install no other extensions added, the only change I've made is to disable the flash uploading from the global configuration as suggested in another thread. When I click the [image] link at the bottom of an article, the lightbox opens, but is plain white with it's black border and close button... nothing else. I have included a screenshot here http://stmarks.hostei.com/upload.tiff I am working on MacOSX 10.5.8, and am having this issue in both Safari & Firefox, unable to test in ie/win until tomorrow. I will provide an update then. Any help you can give me would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dave Edited March 3, 2010 by Dave4u2 Add additional information
SimpleSi Posted March 3, 2010 Posted March 3, 2010 AFAIR - the built-in image upload function was flakeware/very cumbersome/naff so I just don't use it at all. Its the biggest fault with Joomla IMHO. This means using another editor (either JCE or the one I use - JoomlaFCK) and/or a separate file uploader I use JFU - works great and does easy multiple file uploads but has 3MB limit in free version and I think it works in a bit non-standard way. And I've recently discovered jsmallfib as a very nice single file uploader. Unfortunately all this means learning how to set them up but we're here to help regards Simon 1
Dave4u2 Posted March 3, 2010 Author Posted March 3, 2010 Update: Issue is still the same on win/ie, win/FF, win/safari, win/opera, ubuntu/FF, ubuntu/opera @ SimpleSi Thanks for that... you've given me a couple of things to check. I'll look into them, and post my results back here for anyone else who may experience the same problem, although I think I may need to refer back to the community for implementing them... I'll see how I get on.
Dave4u2 Posted March 3, 2010 Author Posted March 3, 2010 I've just installed the JoomlaFCK plug-in, quite easy to do, fairly straight-forward (apart from a max execution time exceeded problem). All working now. Thanks again SimpleSi
jeffy Posted March 3, 2010 Posted March 3, 2010 Hi All, I'm kinda new to joomla, dipped my toe in before, but only briefly, but do have a few years of web design, programing in PHP, ASP, etc... I've just completed a fresh install of edugeek 1.5 and am having problems uploading images. This is a fresh, clean install no other extensions added, the only change I've made is to disable the flash uploading from the global configuration as suggested in another thread. When I click the [image] link at the bottom of an article, the lightbox opens, but is plain white with it's black border and close button... nothing else. I have included a screenshot here http://stmarks.hostei.com/upload.tiff I am working on MacOSX 10.5.8, and am having this issue in both Safari & Firefox, unable to test in ie/win until tomorrow. I will provide an update then. Any help you can give me would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dave Have you tried disabling the Flash Uploader in Global Config>Settings (bottom of page)? This is what I had to do Jeff
Dave4u2 Posted March 4, 2010 Author Posted March 4, 2010 Have you tried disabling the Flash Uploader in Global Config>Settings (bottom of page)? This is what I had to do Jeff Yes, I've tried that, but still didn't work. This is a fresh, clean install no other extensions added, the only change I've made is to disable the flash uploading from the global configuration as suggested in another thread.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now