6Foot2 Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 StudyBass.com is an interactive, online resource for learning how to play the bass. This site is intended for bassists who want to use the bass in a creative, original way. Anyone can learn to play other peoples' basslines and bass solos. The goal of my bass lessons is to educate you on how to create your own basslines and solos, not just to parrot those of others. I reiterate that I am no musician but this site looks interesting. Link: Online Bass Lessons at StudyBass.com Could be useful? 1
beeswax Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 It's over 35 years since had had to sell off my Jazz Bass, and just like those middle aged men who take up motorbiking again, I'm looking out for another Fender, probably a Precision this time. This is the sort of site which will help me get some of the rust/stiffness from my joints. While I've been researching prices I've noticed that there seem to be 3 bands. Cheap, middling and expensive. I assume the expensive ones are made in the USA, while the others are made elsewhere. Anyone know the answer to this?
Domino Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 yarr, the expensive ones are US, the others tend to be mexican or korean. However, I'd go spend a day in a big guitar shop and play one of everything. I personally can't stand fender basses (although my first was a p-bass), and the tones, feel and electronics available from other manufacturers are far more impressive. I'm a warwick convert now :-)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now