mattmoo Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 So I am trying to find a definitive legal answer for this and cant quite get it right. If I record something on BBC 1 and then digitise it and put it on our media servers where do I stand legally for the broadcasting of this in the classroom as well as other terestrial channels. As far as I am aware this has been the case since VHS was invented but as we are now in a digital world with DRM I am trying to cover myself and the school by getting some legal confirmation so any links to such information would also be great. Thanks Matt
RTFM Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 I could be wrong but with an ERA+ license you are ok to broadcast anything shown on free to air television (normal channels 1-5 and any freeview channels). I could be wrong like I said.....
dirtydog Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 think your right as we have this with Clickview.
gibbo_ap Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 is the bbc 'freetoair' as in you have to pay a tv licence for it. although most countys get all broardcast licences for schools and they have to opt out if they choose..... i actually looked this up afew years ago for something different. i tell staff that you can download from iplayer but due to drm restrictions you are limited to number of playbacks or time in which you can play it.....they say 'but im sure 'you' can get round that!' which i can/have done for my self but its not quick n easy and i dont want to change my job title to iplayer ripper off'r
penfold Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 Agree with RTFM. The ERA licence covers you for off air recording for educational purposes from broadcast TV and radio programmes. ERA + covers you to broadcast the recorded material... full details can be found here ERA Plus
RTFM Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 think your right as we have this with Clickview. Same, we have Clickview and that is how I sort of came up with the above answer
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now