Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've tried following the documentation to install nagvis, but keep running into various errors.

 

Has anybody successfully installed this on Ubuntu (64-bit) and if so can you give me some pointers?

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Just tried this once more and this is where I'm getting stuck:

 

When trying to start NDOUtils with:

 

/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndo2db-2x -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg

 

I get an error "Support for the specified database server is either not yet supported, or was not found on your system".

 

I installed MySQL before I compiled the NDOUtils, and have even tried the:

 

./configure --with-mysql........

 

Anybody got any pointers? Something to check? I feel like I'm close but struggling to just this hurdle.

Posted

Okay - a bit digging and I found something that said I needed to install libmysqlclient15-dev and reconfigure.

 

That seems to have done the trick....

Posted
Haven't poked around with nagvis for ages, but have you set the correct mysql username and password in the config file? That's a standard "I can't talk to the database" error.
Posted
Haven't poked around with nagvis for ages, but have you set the correct mysql username and password in the config file? That's a standard "I can't talk to the database" error.

 

Just done that thanks - now I get "default instance name for ndomy_1" error.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...