jsnetman Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 I have deployed win 7 to a suite of thirty computers all is well apart from the fact that setting the screen res to 1024x768 did not work in the imageunattend.xml file. So the desktops are all set to 1280x1024, this is not a problem for me but teachers are wanting the lower resolution but non of the utilities like qres and multires work from startup or login scripts. Any people out there know how to change the res by either scripting or active directory.
localzuk Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 You can't do it in VBS I know that much, as it requires API calls and they don't work in VBS, and Powershell would have difficulty too AFAIK. Why can't you run multires in a login script? It should work
TomStanley Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 Wht about giving teahcers permissions to change the resolution in Personalisation? This can be done by enabling the "Show only specified Control Panel items" GPO and adding "Microsoft.Personalization" to the list.
Steady Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 This QRES works great for me. I use it on laptops that sometimew sloose their resolution :- Download QRes 1.1 - Command line utility to change screen resolution, color depth and refresh rate - Softpedia
jsnetman Posted February 9, 2010 Author Posted February 9, 2010 Thanks for the suggestion and I agree multres should work and so should qres. I may have to have a look at the drivers windows is installing by default and update them with the proper ones.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now