alan-d Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 As usual the reliable and robust printer we like has been discontinued Anyone know what replaced the HP 4250N series? The job of trawling through all the specs is not one I enjoy
Haptic Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 I believe its the 4700 series Fella HP Color LaserJet 4700 Printer series specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products
alan-d Posted January 20, 2010 Author Posted January 20, 2010 That's a colour printer, the 4250 is\was a mono printer
Haptic Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 That's a colour printer, the 4250 is\was a mono printer oops lol sorry fella i'll recheck;)
Haptic Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 hmm the below looks very similar, HP LaserJet P4014n Printer (CB507A) specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products 1
Tcsltd Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 I can't see a direct replacement...to be honest HP's choices seem a bit slim a the moment on standard Mono't to push people to MFC'S! 1
ChrisH Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 hmm the below looks very similar, HP LaserJet P4014n Printer (CB507A) specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products I think we have that one. If it is the same it's a very fast printer I can tell you that much. 100% reliable so far being used in the office though and not a classroom .
Firefly_Transport Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 oops lol sorry fella i'll recheck;) It was the one HP recommended to replace HP4750's Worked well in our school - but we had gone to very heavy color work output. The HP4250 was a thing of speed and reliability - shame it didn't really have a good successor. 1
alan-d Posted January 20, 2010 Author Posted January 20, 2010 oops lol sorry fella i'll recheck;) Nice try though These will be used in IT Suites so will get a hammering. The 4000 series have been good work horses for us.
AngryTechnician Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 As usual the reliable and robust printer we like has been discontinued Anyone know what replaced the HP 4250N series? The job of trawling through all the specs is not one I enjoy The HP Printer Finder suggests either the P4014n, P4015n, or P4515n. Personally, I'd recommend another brand. HP printer drivers have caused me more headaches than I can remember (probably due to headaches affecting my long term memory). 1
alan-d Posted January 21, 2010 Author Posted January 21, 2010 From experience and forums the 'P' Series are nothing but problematic, especially on a network, so I'm trying to avoid them. I may look at some Brother Models.
Tcsltd Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 From experience and forums the 'P' Series are nothing but problematic, especially on a network, so I'm trying to avoid them. I may look at some Brother Models. Do you want something that has the same specs as the 4250N?? I will have a look for you
alan-d Posted January 21, 2010 Author Posted January 21, 2010 Much appreciated - I fogot to mention that this is for inclusion in the plan for the next FY 10/11 so no rush
moggy Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 We seem to be getting a number of problems with our older printers. They are the good old HP workhorses; 4100 4200 and 4250. I'd be interested in which printers are recommended to replace them. We don't want colour.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now