pooley Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Neeed a little help getting Ldap working. Have just installed Moodle 1.9.7 on my 2003 Server - Running Wamp. Moodle setup has gone fine so far, but am now struggling with Ldap My Ldap setup settings are Host url = server.internal Version 3 Ldap = utf-8 Bind Settings Hide pass = Yes Distinguished name = CN=moodle,OU=users,DC=domain,DC=local Password = ****** User Lookup settings User Type = MS Active Directory Contexts = OU=SchoolUsers,DC=domain,DC=local Search subcontexts = Yes User attibute = sAMAccountName Thats it, it saves setting fine. I run the cron job and get Server Time: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:33:43 +0000 Starting activity modules Processing module function assignment_cron ...done. Processing module function chat_cron ...done. Processing module function forum_cron ...Starting digest processing... Cleaned old digest records done. Processing module function scorm_cron ...done. Finished activity modules Starting blocks Processing cron function for rss_client.... 0 feeds refreshed (took 0.019352 seconds) done. Processing cron function for search....Global searching is not enabled. Nothing performed by search. done. Finished blocks Starting admin reports Finished admin reports Updating languages cache Removing expired enrolments ...none found Starting main gradebook job ... done. Running backups if required... Checking backup status...INACTIVE Backup tasks finished. Running auth crons if required... Cron script completed correctly Execution took 1.084706 seconds I cannot find any error log files to aid me with troubleshooting this error. Any help appreciated Si
Achandler Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 The settings save fine even if they are incorrect, e.g wrong password I assume when you say it doesn't work, that you mean when a user tried to login to moodle they encounter an error? We kept getting either bind failures or incorrect user password (even though the password was right) We haven't got our moodle here fully functional yet, but as far as I am aware the cron script if for maintenance and won't affect the LDAP server.
clarky2k3 Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Just a start but do you have the php_ldap extension enabled in wamp?
dhicks Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 User attibute = sAMAccountName First, check if this field is case-sensative. Then, check and see if your Active Directory accounts actually have SAMAccountName set - ours don't, I need to fix that before SmoothWall can use AD for authentication. -- David Hicks
pooley Posted January 20, 2010 Author Posted January 20, 2010 php_ldap extention is enabled Removed sAMAccountName I was checking under "Browse list of users" but no-one there. Just tried to login as a user and got LDAP-module cannot connect to any servers: Server: 'Server_IP' Connection: 'Resource id #48' Bind result: '' At least I have an error message to work from, thanks guys Si
Achandler Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 from what I have currently worked out the browse user list is populated by people who have been created, so the first time someone logs in an account appears here. Keep trying to login as you chaneg things, once the bind error is gone (usually caused by incorrect server details) then the next error I encountered was the wrong password error for users, this was because my bind account had to little AD rights.
pooley Posted January 20, 2010 Author Posted January 20, 2010 Ok Head & Brick wall coming up. Tried a new ldapuser same issue. Still cannot bind. When I run the auth_ldap_sync_users.php via command line I think I should get PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Moodle1.8\server\php\ext\php_pdf.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 Configuring temp table Creating temp table mdl_extuser Connecting to ldap... + 4 users Got 4 records from LDAP No updates to be done User entries to add: 4 Inserted user moodle.student1 id 3 Inserted user moodle.student2 id 4 Inserted user moodle.teacher1 id 5 Inserted user moodle.teacher2 id 6 But all I get is C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.PPSERVER>C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.9-2\php. exe -f C:\wamp\www\Joomla\moodle\auth\ldap\auth_ldap_sync_users.php Configuring temp table Creating temp table mdl_extuser Connecting to ldap... Then it closes. I can telnet the Ldap/DC on port 389 so I can connect fine. So it is the authentication process thats falling over but I am all out of ideas now Any suggestions appreciated. PHP ver = 5.2.9-2 Mysqp = 5.1.36 Apache 2.2.11
pooley Posted January 20, 2010 Author Posted January 20, 2010 Finally sorted it. Under distinguished name I used [email protected] and it worked. Wish I had tried it at about 11am this morning!!!! Si
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now