Crispin Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 Hi all, Looking for a quote for some desktop PC's. If you can send us two quotes as per the spec's below that would be great. Quote 1 Student Proof case (No flappy front fascias) 2GB Memory Dual Core Proc (Ideally Intel) 80-160GB HDD No Optical Drive No monitor No Keyboard/Mouse No OS license Minimum of 1 year RTB warranty Quote 2 Student Proof case (No flappy front fascias) 2GB Memory Dual Core Proc (Ideally Intel) 80-160GB HDD No Optical Drive 1x 19" Monitor 1x ps/2 keyboard 1x ps/2 mouse No OS license Minimum of 1 year RTB warranty Quantity for now will be 7-10 but will be fitting a new IT suite in 2-3 months which will mean another 18. PM me for my contact details and E-Mail address, and any questions you have. Cheers!
Haptic Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 pop a pm over to me fella and we will get to work on this straight away;)
plexer Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 why only 1 yr RTB? I'd go for 3yr onsite as a minimum these days. Ben
dgsmith Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 No OS license This has come up so many times here, and I have found mostly that alot of people do actually need the licence! You only won't need an OS licence if you have retail copies of Windows that are transferrable - volume licences need existing OEM copies to be valid. if you have retail copies then ignore me, though I have found countless times people making this mistake! Also I agree with plexer - aim for more than RTB! We always go for 3yrs on-site where budget allows, otherwise 3yrs RTB or 2yrs on-site in the worse case scenerio.
Crispin Posted January 15, 2010 Author Posted January 15, 2010 (edited) Yeh well that would be ideal, the 1 year is a minimum, just to make it obvious we don't want 3 month warranties on refurb's! But obviously any company offering 2-3 years on site will be high on my list so I'm guessing the market will generally force that anyway. We have a school agreement and I'm aware of the licensing issues with this. From what I'm aware, as long as we declare any under-licensed machines on our yearly renewal, that will cover us. That is at least what we've been told by our reseller... However, even if thats not the case we have about 5 paper boxes full of retail licenses, so I'm sure it's not an issue... Edited January 15, 2010 by Crispin
localzuk Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 We have a school agreement and I'm aware of the licensing issues with this. From what I'm aware, as long as we declare any under-licensed machines on our yearly renewal, that will cover us. That is at least what we've been told by our reseller... No, you must have a license on each machine already. This can be a retail license or an OEM license (and that OEM license must have come with the machine, not one that is pinched off another machine). The school agreement is an upgrade license. ie. it allows you to take a Windows XP Home licensed machine and install the latest and greatest on it instead. However, even if thats not the case we have about 5 paper boxes full of retail licenses, so I'm sure it's not an issue... Assign one to each machine to ensure you have them sorted and aren't underlicensed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now