sidewinder Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 Probably quite a simple one. Some of our Dell screens go into standby as they should. Others come up with 'self test feature check' bouncing around the screen. Not only is this annoying, it wastes power because the screen never goes into standby. Mine didnt use to do it, but since I changed some monitor settings yesterday it does. Cant see an option to disable this 'feature'
ron Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 (edited) Sounds like this is related to same issue i'm having: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/hardware/47919-power-save-mode.html .....Is this the same for you? The only way I can currently resolve this isssue is to reseat the RAM Edited January 15, 2010 by ron
sidewinder Posted January 15, 2010 Author Posted January 15, 2010 ron - its strictly a monitor problem, not the PC sysman - yeah thats what it is, but how is it set to auto select? im sure ive changed the inputs before but unless im being thick i cant find it now - theres nothing about it in the OSD
ron Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 Sidewinder - If it's a monitor problem why does it only work if I reseat the RAM? If it is a monitor problem only I'd love to know how to fix this!
pwds Posted January 15, 2010 Posted January 15, 2010 I had this with Dell monitors at my last school. Simply resetting the monitor to defaults using the OSD resolved it.
sidewinder Posted January 15, 2010 Author Posted January 15, 2010 Sidewinder - If it's a monitor problem why does it only work if I reseat the RAM? If it is a monitor problem only I'd love to know how to fix this! lol, i meant mine was definately a monitor problem. Yours on the other hand does indeed sound like a PC one!
ron Posted January 18, 2010 Posted January 18, 2010 lol, i meant mine was definately a monitor problem. Yours on the other hand does indeed sound like a PC one! Lol! Sorry. Next time I have the issue I'll try with the monitor first. No one has replied to my thread about this issue and when I saw your this thread I thought "yeah solution!"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now