MkII Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 Midlands one for us Welshies too i think! Where tho'?
alonebfg Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 I could sort somethin out for the south west whether it be plymouth exeter but if not i will go to one in the midlands and i will stay round a mates
Geoff Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 I'm with Geoff here lager doesn't really have enough of a flavour to bother drinking it! Plus it rots your teeth, which is nice.
Dos_Box Posted October 10, 2006 Author Posted October 10, 2006 ah, the delights of brew 11. I'd like to put my name down for the edugeek north do. I may have a problem staying for the meal as I live in the sticks and my last guaranteed train back is 21:21, otherwise I'll have to kip on victoria station, and I'm not as young as I used to be (don't laugh, but since I started typing this I've had to go to the toilet 3 times. ok, on the first 2 occasions I'd forgotten why I was there) This is why we are starting early, so we can all have a few drinks together before the meal, and people can still be home at a decent time if they need to leave early. Anyhow, I'm going to create a couple of forums tonight for this very subject as I envisage it will get quite busy, and I now need organisers for each region to step forwards and be counted.
witch Posted October 10, 2006 Posted October 10, 2006 Where do you suggest the S/SW lot should go (now, now)? Somewhere like Plymouth is a long way from here and quite difficult to get to - do we have a definitive list of where everyone is so that we could chose a suitable place?
ConTheITGuy Posted October 10, 2006 Posted October 10, 2006 Where do you suggest the S/SW lot should go (now, now)? Somewhere like Plymouth is a long way from here and quite difficult to get to - do we have a definitive list of where everyone is so that we could chose a suitable place? Perhaps an ideal time to ressurrect the Edugeek map thingy. Andy
mighty.grey.eagle Posted October 10, 2006 Posted October 10, 2006 I think that many of you have missed the point. Beer might be a good idea but surely the most important point is to choose a pub with wireless access. Otherwise how are you going to talk to each other? That way, if there is someone stuck alone in the SW they can still feel part of the geek community Actually I might sneek along and hide in a corner. You never know, after a few pints the vi, emacs debate might become very heated. Or the finer points of DHCP RFC...... Feel free to comment back since I will be going out with a load of teachers
Ric_ Posted October 10, 2006 Posted October 10, 2006 Most of Preston has wifi access as it happens http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/3541346.stm http://www.telegeneration.com/news_latest.php#25
russdev Posted October 10, 2006 Posted October 10, 2006 Yes our good old edugeek map http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Map As for where to do it basicly look at who is coming and arrange something... Maybe for midlands one somewhere like nottingham/birmingham way... Also people can arrange car pooling etc and people getting lift can pay bit towards petrol.. Russ
witch Posted October 11, 2006 Posted October 11, 2006 Well, I would like to go to a get-together - so that is one vote for Dorset then
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now