wesleyw Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 Is there a better forum module available for Moodle? The one included I find easy to understand and use but a few pupils/staff have asked if I could setup Invision Power Board because it much easier to use? Anyone ever used this? Wes
wesleyw Posted October 9, 2006 Author Posted October 9, 2006 They think it's more difficult to get to grips with than others they've used, I however don't see it? I've been posting using the Moodle system recently and it just seemed to be a very easy to understand basic system maybe they just want more? lol Wes
wesleyw Posted October 9, 2006 Author Posted October 9, 2006 Theirs or mine? lol Probably both to be fair I certainly need to read the documentation. THe E-portfolio problems still exists but it looks like a coding glitch. Just have to wait now for the coder to get back to me! Wes
wesleyw Posted October 10, 2006 Author Posted October 10, 2006 Looks like I'l have to wait until at least version2 for the features my users seem to crave lol! Mid 2007! Ha Ha Wes
wesleyw Posted October 10, 2006 Author Posted October 10, 2006 Pinning discussions to top of forum I believe is one of the options my users have discussed. 1.7 will have proper roles so I can have pupil/student forum moderators (looking into setting up prefects as moderators etc..) so there's no trouble there but some of the users want the sort of functionality that IPB or PHPBB has and sadly I doubt the Moodle community has the time to add what I would consider glizzy extras at the present time!. Wes
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now