plexer Posted October 6, 2006 Posted October 6, 2006 Just downloading some trialware from the Symantec site and their disclaimer made me chuckle. I am not a citizen, national or resident of, and am not under the control of, the government of: Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, nor any other country to which the United States has prohibited export. I will not download or otherwise export or re-export the Programs, directly or indirectly, to the above mentioned countries nor to citizens, nationals or residents of those countries. I am not listed on the United States Department of Treasury lists of Specially Designated Nationals, Specially Designated Terrorists, and Specially Designated Narcotic Traffickers, nor am I listed on the United States Department of Commerce Table of Denial Orders. I will not download or otherwise export or re-export the Programs, directly or indirectly, to persons on the above mentioned lists. I will not use the Programs for, and will not allow the Programs to be used for, any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, for the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons of mass destruction. Ben
pete Posted October 6, 2006 Posted October 6, 2006 You obviously haven't seen the disclaimers for signing up to Ciscos website KB and downloads areas. They are _lengthy_
plexer Posted October 6, 2006 Author Posted October 6, 2006 Well it wasn't the length of it just the fact that I now can't use their software to develop, design or manfacture nuclear, chemical or bilogical weapons of mass destruction. That has put the skids on my plan for world domination using Symantec software. Ben
russdev Posted October 6, 2006 Posted October 6, 2006 That has put the skids on my plan for worl domination using Symantec software. Ben Just join edugeek.net plan Russ
ajbritton Posted October 7, 2006 Posted October 7, 2006 That has put the skids on my plan for worl domination using Symantec software. Bbrrrrr... A world dominated by Symantec software - that's a scary thought.
webman Posted October 7, 2006 Posted October 7, 2006 Nothing wrong with Symantec AV Corporate Edition
ajbritton Posted October 7, 2006 Posted October 7, 2006 Unless you live/work in Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, nor any other country to which the United States has prohibited export...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now